Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search

Words or Phrase:

Search Method Help Image

Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
Washington County Court House in 1877

Jury list, 1877-1879, Washington County, Maryland. Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information


In 1877, the selected juries would have met in the new Court House on West Washington Street in Hagerstown. A previous courthouse designed by Benjamin Latrobe had been completed in 1821 and burned in 1871. The fire had started in the agricultural implement store and warehouse of Messrs. Burbank and Rollins on Antietam Street, spread to St John's Episcopal Church and then to the Court House. This new Court House opened for business in 1874.

More of the history of the Court House can be found at the Maryland Judiciary website, Washington County Historic Court House


Lake, Griffith and Stevenson


Collection Location:
Western Maryland Room, Washington County Free Library

Original Size:
33 x 20 cms

From An Illustrated Atlas of Washington County, Maryland, 1877.

Jury--Maryland--Washington County--Registers; Court records--Maryland--Washington County.

Washington County, Maryland; 1877-1879

Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image