Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
R.M. Hays and Bros. photographs ( - West Washington Street, Hagerstown, after 1908. )


Hagerstown,  West Washington Street, 1906? Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The building on the left of this picture, on the Square, was the Hagerstown Railway Company's Waiting Room. There is a sign on the pole outside "No Hitching", so horses were discouraged. There is also a milk can outside that building, possibly waiting to be transported.

Outside the Baldwin House, on the right of the picture is the clock belonging to the Carson Jewelry store. The Howard Clock Company originally built it in Boston in 1908. It first stood at the original store site at 40 West Washington Street in Hagerstown, in the Baldwin House. In 1929, the clock moved with Carson Jewelers to the Alexander Motor Lodge (on the Public Square in Hagerstown)where it still stands.




ID:
wchp001

Creator:
unknown

Rights:
Ellen DiBiase & Lewis Mountcastle

Collection Location:
Hagerstown, Maryland

Original Size:
13 x 22 cms

Subject:
Washington County (Md.)--History--Pictorial works; Hagerstown (Md.)--History--Pictorial works; 1863 - 1920

Coverage:
Washington County (Md.), 1863-1920.

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image