Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
R.M. Hays and Bros. photographs ( - Baldwin House)


Hagerstown, Baldwin House, West Washington Street, Academy Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The Baldwin House was built to replace the Washington House, and was opened in the early 1880s. There were over 100 rooms and each room had its own hot and cold running water and gas.

It also included a large theatre, the Academy of Music. There are signs outside the entrance, on the left side of the picture, for a 10 cent vaudeville.




ID:
wchp004

Creator:
Phreaner

Rights:
Ellen DiBiase & Lewis Mountcastle

Notes:
On reverse: Red brick walls, Stone trimming. Black out poles and wires and if it can be done the pile of wall paper - if not, let it remain. Imprint R.M. Hays & Bros, Hagerstown, Md

This building has been transformed into the University System of Maryland Hagerstown campus.

Collection Location:
Hagerstown, Maryland

Original Size:
25 x 20 cms

Subject:
Washington County (Md.)--History--Pictorial works; Hagerstown (Md.)--History--Pictorial works; 1863 - 1920

Coverage:
Washington County (Md.), 1863-1920.

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image