Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
R.M. Hays and Bros. photographs (- St Paul's Methodist Church)


St Paul's M. E. Church, Hagerstown Md Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The photograph is of St Paul's Methodist Episcopal Church built on North Potomac in 1885. The towers of the church were completed by 1922 (and are not included in this photograph.) In 1969 as the result of the merger of the Methodist and Evangelical United Brethren churches, the name of the church changed from St. Paul's to John Wesley United Methodist Church.
From The history of John Wesley United Methodist Church.





ID:
wchp018

Caption:
St Paul's M. E. Church

Creator:
W.B. King, photographer

Rights:
Ellen DiBiase & Lewis Mountcastle

Collection Location:
Hagerstown, Maryland

Original Size:
23 x 18 cms

Subject:
Washington County (Md.)--History--Pictorial works; Hagerstown (Md.)--History--Pictorial works; 1863 - 1920

Coverage:
Washington County (Md.), 1863 - 1920

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image