Cumberland, Maryland (Medical profession and hospitals)
New York, the architects were Zantzinger, Borie and Medary of Philadelphia, the mechanical engineer on power, heating and ventilating was Issac Hathaway Francis of Philadelphia, the mechanical contractor was D. L. Rathbone and Son of Washington, D.C., and the building contractor was the George A. Fuller Company of Philadelphia. Elevators were supplied by the Otis Elevator Company, refrigeration by the Potomac Edison Company of Cumberland, kitchen equipment by the Victor Clad Company of Philadelphia, lighting fixtures by the Sterling Electric Company of Cumberland, sterilizers by the American Sterilizing Company of Erie, Pennsylvania, x-ray equipment by the Kelly Koett Company of Louisville, Kentucky, clocks by the Radio Clock Corporation of New York City, a water softener by the Permutit Company of New York City, office furniture by the Ankeney Company and Cumberland Office Supply Company, both of Cumberland, lobby furniture by B. Beneman and Son of Cumberland, dining room furniture by the L. Bernstein Company, H. U. F. Flurshutz and Sons, and The Holland Company of the city, rugs and window shades by the Rosenbaum Brothers of Cumberland, draperies by the Celanese Corporation of America, room furniture by H. D. Dougherty and Company of Philadelphia, silverware, china, and the like by the Demmler and Schenck Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, operating room tables and equipment by the Scanlan Morris Company of Madison, Wisconsin, hospital supplies by the Metropolitan Hospital Supply Company of New York, and painting and decorating by the DuBrau Art Studio of Cumberland. The grounds around the hospital were paved and graded by Elwood E. Shaffer of the city. The street in front was widened under contract with the city by Kean and Corrigan. The outside lights plus police call and fire alarms were
Miller, Herman J.
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland
27 x 20 cms
Cumberland (Md.), history
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976