Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Cumberland, Maryland (Medical profession and hospitals)


Medical profession and hospitals Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



in March 31, 1967, that the old Sacred Heart Hospital property on Decatur Street was for sale. Board president Mrs. Lucille Roeder said that in executive session Sister Mary Louise, administrator, and Judge Thomas B. Finan of the Maryland Court of Appeals, appeared before the commissioners to inform the county of the impending sale and gave the county an opportunity to express its interest. The matter was taken under consideration by the board.

Those who attended the dedication o the new Sacred Heart Hospital on Sunday, June 11, 1967, were treated to refreshments which included a 400 pound cake shaped in the form of the new five story hospital building. The cake was 36 inches wide, 56 inches long, and 24 inches high. It was covered with 115 pounds of icing, and would serve 2,800 persons.




ID:
achm171

Page #:
171

Creator:
Miller, Herman J.

Rights:
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland

Date:
1978

Collection Location:
Cumberland

Original Size:
27 x 20 cms

Contributor:
Stegmaier, Harry

Subject:
Cumberland (Md.), history

Coverage:
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image