Cumberland, Maryland (Fire Department)
On April 27, 1922, a storage warehouse at the rear of Rosenbaum's between George, North Centre and Henry Streets, burned with a loss of $175,000.
On December 20, 1923, the Hudson-Chevrolet Garage, at the end of North Mechanic Street, burned with a loss of $50,000.
On July 16, 1924, fire destroyed the bark shed of the Union Tanning Company, at the rear of the German Brewery. The loss was $80,000.
On December 16, 1924, King's Barrel Factory, at the rear of 443 North Centre Street, burned. The loss was $35,000.
On June 22, 1925, nine business houses and three apartments were damaged by fire between North Centre and North Liberty Streets, with a loss of $35,000.
On September 30, 1925, heavy damage was done to the Werthheimer Building (now Kaplon's) on Baltimore Street. The loss was $60,000.
On November 20, 1922, the Cumberland Box Factory at the end of Mary Street burned with a loss of $75,000.
On December 28, 1927, the home of Dr. James T. Johnson, 24 Washington Street, burned with a loss of $50,000.
On April 25, 1929, the Potomac Glass Company, at the rear of the Algonquin Hotel, burned with a loss of $163,000.
On September 11, 1930, a garage of the Vang Construction Company, North Mechanic Street at Henderson Avenue, burned. The loss was $73,000.
On March 11, 1932, Allegany High School, 300 Green Street, burned with a loss of $207,000.
On February 11, 1933, the Buchannan Lumber Company, 549 North Centre Street, burned with a loss of $30,000.
Miller, Herman J.
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland
27 x 20 cms
Cumberland (Md.), history
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976