Cumberland, Maryland (Local military forces)
company until a successor was named.
On May 20, 1920, Company G, Maryland National Guard, was re-activated. A recruiting drive was underway. Captain John J. Zaph was in charge.
On December 27, 1920, Company G, Maryland National Guard, was commanded by William Donald MacFarlane, Captain; Harry C. Clark, First Lieutenant; and Orval H. Kingsbury, Second Lieutenant.
On July 17, 1921, Company G left for Saunder's Range, eleven miles from Baltimore, where they underwent training for two weeks. The training site was known as Camp Albert C. Ritchie, named after the governor of Maryland.
On September 20, 1922, officers of Company G were Captain George Henderson, First Lieutenant Harry E. Flook, and Second Lieutenant Donald R. Scharff.
On October 4, 1923, James Davis Bane was made Captain of Company G. Harry E. Flook was First Lieutenant and Lewis M. Wilson, Second Lieutenant.
On August 1, 1924, Company G officers were Captain Harry E. Flook, First Lieutenant Fred W. Mills, Second Lieutenant Pearson C. Henry, First Sergeant Abraham W. Miller, and 98 men. On August 8 through 17, 1924, Company G went into training camp at Virginia Beach, Virginia.
On August 1, 1925, Company G left Cumberland for their annual encampment at Virginia Beach, Virginia, near Norfolk, Virginia. Including officers, the Company numbered 99 men.
On Saturday, December 5, 1925, the new armory for Company G of the Maryland National Guard on South Centre Street in Cumberland was dedicated and formally opened. During July, 1926, Company G was in training at Camp
Miller, Herman J.
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland
27 x 20 cms
Cumberland (Md.), history
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976