Cumberland, Maryland (Municipal Government)
Robert C. Long in 1967, and Russell L. Livengood from 1975 to the present.
The Chief of the Cumberland Police Department was William Hildebrandt in 1887, T. D. Gephard in 1890, Marcellus Martin in 1899, G. W. Cromwell in 1901, James T. MacDonald in 1903, John D. Pitzer in 1906, Michael A. Clarke in 1908, George Flannigan in 1909, Harry Irvine in 1910, John J. Trieber in 1913, J. Thomas Eisenhauer in 1914, W. Ralph Young in 1916, Oscar Eyerman in 1917, R. Emmett Flynn in 1947, B. Frank Gaffeney in 1959, and Wilbur E. Shank from 1966 to the present.
Cumberland City Clerks were Thomas E. Gonder in 1867, James Forsyth Harrison in 1871, J. William Jones in 1873, T. F. McCardell in 1876, R. H. Resley in 1887, H. M. Fuller in 1903, Al W. Straub in 1913, Merwin R. Hast in 1918, R. Raymond Shertzer in 1929, Samuel E. Griminger in 1931, Harry H. Thayer in 1935, Samuel E. Griminger in 1940, and Wallace C. Ullery from 1948 to the present.
The Recreation Department oversees Constitution Park, the Park Pool, lighted tennis courts, a scenic overlook, the Fourth of July fireworks display, playgrounds, the annual fishing rodeo, an arts and crafts program, Riverside Park, the Fort Cumberland historical trail, the municipal baseball field, two little league parks, eleven double tennis courts, twelve other baseball and Softball fields, the city marbles tournaments, band concerts and other programs held on stage in Constitution Park, a coin club with monthly meetings, as well as sled riding on eighteen city streets and in Constitution Park when it is suitable, the Christmas tree lighting program, babysitter classes, youth football leagues, a bridge playing group, the men's recreation basketball league, senior citizens clubs, which meet on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 1:00 PM
Miller, Herman J.
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland
27 x 20 cms
Cumberland (Md.), history
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976