Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search

Words or Phrase:

Search Method Help Image

Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
Williamsport Power Station ( more details)

Electric Power Station Williamsport Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information


Electric Power Station Williamsport

The Williamsport Power Station was built between May and August of 1896 near the Cushwa Warehouse at the Basin. In order for the station to be built so quickly, the construction crews worked around the clock. It was built to furnish electric power to the trolley system that would connect Williamsport and Hagerstown for four years. By 1900 a new power station had been built by the Electric Railway Company in Hagerstown to meet the increasing needs of the rail line.


Public domain

Mile 99.35
NPS File 1131


Collection Location:
C&O National Historic Park

Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md.); Washington County (Md.), History

Maryland, 1824-1938

Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image