Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Snyders Landing ( more details)


also known as Sharpsburg Landing Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The Snyder Coal and Grain warehouse, a mere 1.7 miles from downtown Sharpsburg, served customers in Sharpsburg and the surrounding area. The warehouse was washed away in the 1936 flood.

The wharf here was known as Sharpsburg Landing before it took on the name Snyders Landing. The footbridge was the first structure to be built here to allow Sharpsburg residents and canallers access to both sides of the canal. It was built high enough to allow boats to pass underneath.




ID:
wcco102

Rights:
Public domain

Notes:
76.8 Mile
NPS File 998

Collection Location:
Western Maryland Room, WCFL

Subject:
Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md.); Washington County (Md.), History

Coverage:
Maryland, 1824-1938

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image