Programme for Day Three.
Third Day CUMBERLAND, MD., SEPTEMBER 25, 1889. Number 3.
Official Programme of the Three Days' Celebration of the Anniversary of the Foundation of Allegany County. Issued every morning during Celebration by the Daily Times
L S. HIRSCH & CO.
102 BALTIMORE STREET,
CLOTHIERS, MERCHANT TAILORS
THE Largest and Cheapest
In Western Maryland.
THE C. J. ORRICK & SON CO.
Wholesale Grocers And Dealers in
Flour, Grain and Feed
Tobacco, Cigars and Snuff, Woodenware of All Kinds.
Proprietors of the "Narrows" brand of Canned Goods.
"HOME MILLS" strictly pure Spices. "Home" Flavoring Extracts.
Salesrooms and Warehouses, Cor Union Street and B. & O. Railroad, Cumberland, Md.
MRS. M. PRICE,
The Leading Milliner,
No. 103 Baltimore Street.
W. A. BUCHHOLTZ,
Office and Bottling Works, 17 Front Street,
AGENT FOR The Windisch-Muhlhauser Brewing Co's Celebrated Cincinnati Lager and Pilsener Beer,
The Foss-Schneider Brewing Co.'s Cincinnati Lager Beer.
"Nonpareil" Export Beer
Wednesday, Sept. 25th.
FOOT-BALL at Association Park, at 9 a. m., ECKHART
GRAND MILITARY AND CIVIC PARADE!
At 10 o'clock a. m.
Will head the parade and afterwards hold a public reception from 1 to 2 o'clock at the Court House.
ROUTE OF PARADE. — The procession will move into Baltimore street via George, to Mechanic, to Mill, to Centre, to Valley, to Columbia, to Decatur, to Baltimore avenue, where President Harrison will take head of procession, thence to Baltimore, to Water, to Green, to Lee, to Washington, and pass in review before President Harrison at the rostrum opposite the Court House, thence to Baltimore, to Mechanic, to Williams and disband.
Baloon Ascension and Thrilling Parachute Leap from height of 5,000 feet, by Professor Hunt, at 2 o'clock p. m.
Lawn Tennis, Washington Street Grounds, at 2 p. m.
Base Ball, at Association Park, 3 o'clock p. m., McKeesport vs. Scottdale.
Grand Bycicle Parade at 8 o'clock p. m. Wheels illuminated and decorated.
Open-Air Band Concert on Baltimore st., 8 p. m.
The Grandest Display of Fireworks ever given in Western Maryland, on the Potomac river at 7:45 o'clock p. m., during which time there will be a Parade of Beautifully Illuminated and Decorated Boats and Canoes, headed by the "Steamer Endeavor," with selected bands.
Stereopticon Views at 8 o'clock p, m. on a 30-foot canvas, at Market House Square
Grand Illumination of the City.
In addition to the above there will be Dramatic Entertainments at the Academy of Music each night, a Circus, Merry-Go-Rounds, Side Shows, &c.
Excursion Trains on all railroads.
F. C. BEALL, Chairman Executive Committee.
A. H. BOYD, Chairman Literary Committee.
C. E. HAMBRIGHT, Sec'y.
R. W. McMICHAEL, Chairman Amusement Committee.
JNO. W. AVIRETT, Chairman Parade Committee
ACADEMY OF MUSIC
W. WILLIAMSON, Manager.
Four Nights, Commencing Monday, September 23, 1889.
America's Most Talented and Versatile Young Artist,
MISS AGNES CODY
N. E. LAVIN & CO.
Will, in a few weeks, move to their new and commodious building on Baltimore street, a few doors below the TIMES office, where they will lay before the public the largest and most varied stock of
And Fishing Tackle,
together with the largest stock of
ever offered to the public in Western Maryland. In the mean time give us a call at the old stand, Cor. Centre and Baltimore streets, where you can find anything that is handled by the Hardware trade in Maryland.
M.E. LAVIN & CO.
H. U. F. FLURSHUTZ,
AND BEDDING, Parlor Suits a Specialty.
9 N. Centre St., Cumberland, Md.
N. Liberty Street,
To have your PIANO TUNED.
Bought, Sold, Exchanged.
Fire, Life, Accident.
J. H. HOLZSHU,
Office, 33 Baltimore St. Cumberland.
Visitors to the Centennial and the public in general can find the Largest and Most Fashionable stock of
DRY GOODS and CARPETS
94 Baltimore Street,
Our prices the lowest in all Maryland, and it is to your benefit to buy from us and save 10 to 20 per cent.
LANDWEHR & GLICK,
Builders and Contractors,
Lumber Yard and Planing Mill.
Allegany County Public Library
Allegany County Public Library
43 x 30
Allegany County (Md.)--History.
Allegany County (Md.), 1889.