Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Steffey Wharf 1910 ( more details)


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



This photograph is near the Steffey & Findlay Coal Company Wharf and pictures a couple of men and a boy sitting on a loaded canal boat. In the background is a building that had been burned and could have been a warehouse associated with the Steffey & Findlay Company. Behind the burned building and large coal pile is River View Cemetery which holds the gravesite of founder of Williamsport, Otho Williams, a Revolutionary War Veteran.



ID:
wcco142

Creator:
1910

Rights:
Public domain

Notes:
From the collection of John Frye

Collection Location:
Hagerstown

Subject:
Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md.); Washington County (Md.), History

Coverage:
Maryland, 1824-1938

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image