Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Conococheague Aqueduct ( more details)


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The Conococheague Aqueduct was completed in late 1835. This picture of the aqueduct was taken after the aqueduct wall had collapsed and been rebuilt in 1920 and before the 1936 flood when the wood repairs were washed away. The photograph is looking up the Conococheague Creek toward Williamsport. Before the construction had finished in 1835, Eli Beatty had already applied for the use of the water from the flume that would be constructed on the upstream side of the aqueduct. The use of water power at Williamsport would power multiple milling operations.



ID:
wcco169

Creator:
H. Frank Beidel [?]

Rights:
Public domain

Notes:
From On the line of the Western Maryland, date unknown.

Collection Location:
Western Maryland Room, WCFL

Contributor:
From On the line of the Western Maryland, date unknown.

Subject:
Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md.); Washington County (Md.), History

Coverage:
Maryland, 1824-1938

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image