Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Charles Mill


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



This photograph shows the whole complex at Charles Mill, built along Camp Spring Run.

In 1875 Joel Charles ran a general store at Charles Mill, Boyd's Business Directory, 1875

In 1890 there were two warehouses listed on canal property at Four Locks. A store, warehouse and hay shed were operated by Snyder and Fennser, and a warehouse near Charles’ Mill on the canal berm was rented to the operator of the mill (Unrau).

The Potomac is on the right of this photograph, with the canal and a canal boat moored by the mill. The houses face Camp Spring Run.




ID:
wcco251

Notes:
From the George G. Snyder Clear Spring collection.

Collection Location:
WCFL

Subject:
Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md.); Washington County (Md.), History

Coverage:
Maryland, 1830-1940

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image