Court House Square, page 2
hereinafter declared, shall and are hereby declared to be one community, corporation and body politic, to have continuation forever, by the name of The Visitors of Allegany County School, and by that name to sue and be sued, implead or be impleaded, and to make and have a common seal, and the same to break, alter or renew, when and so often as they shall see fit.
"That the aforesaid visitors, and their successors, or a majority of them, shall, at any and at all times, upon the death, resignation or removal from the county of any one or more of the visitors, appoint other sensible and discreet man or men of the said county, to be the visitor of visitors to fill the vacancy created by the death, resignation or removal aforesaid."
The Legislature, at the same time, appropriated the sum of Two Hundred Dollars, to be paid annually to the Board of Visitors from the State Treasury towards the upkeep of the school. In 1811, a further grant of Three Hundred Dollars was made, and in 1831 another three hundred was added, making a total of Eight Hundred Dollars, which the State paid an-
Mary G. Walsh
Academy of Music, now the site of City Hall. The Academy of Music, a very fine edifice, was destroyed by fire March 14, 1910. Located at North Centre and Bedford Streets in Cumberland, Maryland. The old Academy was the scene of many unusual concerts and dramas. From Herman J. Miller Collection of historical pictures.
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland
22 x 15 cms
Editor: Felix G. Robinson