Allegany Bibliography, page 2
Cramer. Published by Spear and Richbaum, Pittsburgh, Pa., 1810. In Biesecker Library, Somerset, Pa.
(47) TRAVELS TO THE CONFEDERATION (1783-1784). Johann David Schoepf. Translated from the German by Alfred J. Morrison. Published by William G. Campbell, Philadelphia, Pa., 1911. First published in Erlangen, Germany, 1788. In Biesecker Library, Somerset, Pa.
(48) SIXTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT, MARYLAND. A lengthy series of short biographical sketches of prominent men in Frederick, Washington, Allegany and Garrett Counties. Published in 1900. Cumberland Free Library, Cumberland, Md.
(49) THE HOYES OF MARYLAND. Charles E. Hoye. Published by the Republican Press, Oakland, Md., 1942. Has a lot of valuable information concerning the early period of Allegany Co., Md. Copies can be obtained by corresponding with Ruth Hoye, Sang Run, Md.
(50) THE OLD PIKE. Thomas R. Seabright. Uniontown, Pa., 1894. In Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland, Md. This is the first book exclusively devoted to the history of our oldest improved road over the Allegheny Mountains.
(51) HISTORY OF ALLEGANY COUNTY, MARYLAND. Two Vols. James W. Thomas, LL.D., and Judge T. J. C. Williams. Published by L. R. Titsworth and Co., Chambersburg, Pa., 1923. This, together with Volume Two of Scharf's "History of Western Maryland" form the main bulk of material on Allegany County, Maryland, at the present time.
For the past twelve years J. William Hunt, Editor of the Cumberland Sunday Evening Times, has been publishing on the editorial page each week a series of sketches on local history under the general title, "ACROSS THE DESK." It is hoped that the whole series has been filed away in some scrap-book. If any of our readers have done this, let the editor of TABLELAND TRAILS be informed. This material is of great value, as much persevering research has gone into little known items of our history.
(52) STORY OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD, 1827-1927. Published by G. P. Putnam Sons, N. Y., 1928.(E. Hungerford).
(53) A CENTURY OF GROWTH: History of the Church in Western Maryland. Two Volumes. The Rev. Thomas J. Stanton. Published by John Murphy Co., Baltimore, Md., 1900. In Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland, Md.
(54) COL. THOMAS CRESAP, written and published by Myrna Thruston, Shepherdstown, W. Va., 1923 (Pamphlet). Garrett County Historical Society, Oakland, Md.
(55) HISTORY OF ST. MICHAEL'S CHURCH, Frostburg, Md. Father Regius Larkin, 1952.
(56) A STUDY OF THE HISTORY OF THE POTOMAC RIVER VALLEY, prepared in connection with a report to Congress on the proposed parkway along the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal, between Great Falls and Cumberland, Md. Walter S. Sanderlin, Washington and Jefferson College, Washington, Pa., Historical Consultant, National Capitol Parks. Each chapter closes with a bibliography. The document is in neat mimeograph form. Copy might yet possibly be had by writing to National Park Commission, Washington, D. C.
(57) ART WORK OF ALLEGANY COUNTY, MARYLAND. A series of large full page photographic prints, with historical sketches. Published in twelve parts. Published by the W. H. Parish Company, Chicago, 111., in 1897. In Library of Frostburg State Teachers College.
(58) FRONTIER SETTLEMENT AND DEFENCE OF ALLEGANY COUNTY, MARYLAND (1742-1775). Gustava Louise Shaffer. Doctor's Thesis at University of West Virginia, Morgantown, W. Va., 1936. Manuscript in Library of Frostburg State Teachers College, Frostburg, Maryland.
(59) HISTORICAL AND BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES OF FROSTBURG, MARYLAND, AND ITS CITIZENS. Published by the Mining Journal Publishing Co., Frostburg, Md., 1912. In Library of Frostburg State Teachers College.
(60) HISTORY OF THE CONSOLIDATION COAL COMPANY, 1864-1934. Compiled by Charles E. Beachley, Secretary. Published on the Company's Seventieth Anniversary. New York City, N. Y., 1934. In Frostburg State Teachers College Library, Frostburg, Md.
(61) TAH-HAG-JUTE (or Logan) AND CAPTAIN MICHAEL CRESAP. Brantz
Felix G. Robinson
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland
22 x 15 cms
Editor: Felix G. Robinson
Western Maryland, 1750-1963