Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Rev John Stough page 2


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



recorded such schools, above mentioned, at that early date. The first Lutheran school, according to Scharf, was the Hagerstown Female Academy built by the Maryland Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, and opened in September 1853.

"The first school teacher engaged in active educational efforts in Washington County (Maryland) was the Rev. Bartholomew Booth,




ID:
gctg036

Creator:
Felix G. Robinson

Notes:
Rev. Dr. John Stough (1762-1845). Courtesy Karl Gower.

Date:
1963

Collection Location:
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland

Original Size:
22 x 15 cms

Subject:
Maryland, History

Coverage:
Western Maryland, 1750-1963

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image