Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Loch Lynn, page 2


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

      



was passed by act of the Maryland Legislature on April 4, 1896. Among other provisions is prohibition of the sale of intoxicating beverages.

In the first election of town officials the ladies stormed the polls and demanded the right to vote, basing their claim on that section of the town constitution which says, "Anyone over twenty-one years of age," etc. was entitled to vote. They were overruled by the election judges. C. M. Rathburn was elected mayor.

The Loch Lynn Hotel and summer residences as weir as homes for local residents had been built. This activity soon subsided and for a number of years little progress was made. However, in recent years a number of homes and business places have been built. Although the original boundaries have been changed to eliminate some farm lands, the town is extended over quite a large area. All modern facilities are available and all homes except one or two are reached by hard roads. State Route 560 passes through the town to connect Route 50 at Gorman, W. Va. Loch Lynn has no debt and has a low* tax rate. It is considered a good location for anyone desiring a home in this area.

***

Kelly's Appliance and Furniture Store

TAPPAN RANGES, ADMIRAL AND CROSLEY RANGES

ARVIN BREAKFAST SETS PULLMAN LIVING ROOM FURNITURE

NEW THEATRE BUILDING MOUNTAIN LAKE PARK, MARYLAND

Thomas K. Vance, Owner Deerfield 4-4111




ID:
gctg151

Creator:
E. R. O'Donnell

Notes:
THE LOCH LYNN HOTEL, "across the tracks" from Mountain Lake Park was operated for many years by Mrs. L. B. C. List of Wheeling, W. Va. It was destroyed by fire in 1918. Picture through the courtesy of Britten Martin, Mr. Lake Park, Md.

Date:
1956

Collection Location:
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland

Original Size:
22 x 15 cms

Contributor:
Editor: Felix G. Robinson

Subject:
Maryland, History

Coverage:
Western Maryland, 1750-1963

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image