Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Pope Manufacturing Plant, Hagerstown


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The Pope Manufacturing Plant was in Corbetts Addition, south of Hagerstown, in the plant that was originally used for the manufacture of Crawford Bicycles. (The 1893-1894 City Directory of Hagerstown included Crawford Mfg Co, Mfrs Bicycles Corbetts Add. By the 1906 Telephone Directory the entry read CRAWFORD AUTO. CO., Automobiles Summit av.)

Pope-Tribune was built in Hagerstown at the old Crawford bicycle plant. The Pope-Toledo, a more expensive car, was built in Toledo, Ohio. The Hagerstown plant was in operation from 1904 to November 1908. It was later taken over by Victor Company.

The photograph was taken from the area of Frederick Street, looking west to Fairview Mountain.




ID:
wcfp009

Creator:
Arthur Dornblaser

Rights:
Ann Newman & Suzanne Bucci

Date:
1905

Collection Location:
Perkiomenville, PA

Subject:
Washington County (Md.), History, Pictorial works; Hagerstown (Md.), History, Pictorial works, 1905-1906

Coverage:
Washington County, Md., 1905

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image