Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
The Academy, Hagerstown, 1905


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



Arthur Dornblaser's photograph album labeled this as "Academy". It was also called the Male High School. The photograph would have been taken from South Walnut Street, looking up the hill.

George C. Pearson was listed in the 1893 City Directory as the principal, Male High School. Jacob Chrissinger, a laborer and William Chrissinger, a coach maker, both listed their residence as Male High school.

The building was later purchased by the Western Maryland Railway and used as offices. The rail junction nearby was known as Academy Junction.




ID:
wcfp021

Creator:
Arthur Dornblaser

Rights:
Ann Newman & Suzanne Bucci

Notes:
See also Male High School, Hagerstown: An Illustrated Description, 1887.

Date:
1905

Collection Location:
Perkiomenville, PA

Subject:
Washington County (Md.), History, Pictorial works; Hagerstown (Md.), History, Pictorial works, 1905-1906

Coverage:
Washington County, Md., 1905

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image