Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Fulton Myers Post 153 Razed


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



Fulton Myers Post 153 Razed
The Fulton Myers American Legion Post #153 was razed in October 2011. The building was damaged in a March 2010 fire, the cause of which was determined to be arson after fire investigators found combustibles inside the building.

Fulton Myers Post #153 of the American Legion received its temporary charter on August 12, 1942, and its permanent charter on March 16, 1945. The post was closed during the summer of 2008. The post was named for Fulton J. Myers (1890-1918), a young black soldier serving in the 351st Field Artillery who died at Camp Meade (later known as Fort George Meade) in Maryland after a short illness.

Fulton Myers Post #153, as it appeared prior to its demolition, is depicted elsewhere on this website.




ID:
acaa397

Creator:
Photograph by Albert L. Feldstein

Date:
2011-10-23

Collection Location:
Allegany County, Maryland

Subject:
African Americans, History; Allegany County (Md.), History.

Coverage:
Allegany County (Md.), 1890-2008

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image