Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Frostburg United Methodist Church (150th anniversary, 1835-1985)


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



into the hands of the Church of the Brethren. A plaque located in the narthex of the present church building commemorates the merger event.

In 1969, the second merger resulted from the 1964 General Conference recommendation for integrating black and white congregations and involved the joining of some 37 members of the John Wesley Methodist Church with Frostburg United Methodist. Dating from 1875, that congregation had erected and used several church buildings on or near land presently occupied by Frostburg State College.




ID:
acum008

Creator:
Anniversary Committee, Frostburg United Methodist Church

Notes:
Photographs of Grace Church and John Wesley Church.

Date:
1985

Collection Location:
Frostburg

Original Size:
28 x 22 cms

Subject:
Frostburg (Md.); Frostburg (Md.), History; United Methodist Church (U.S.), History. .

Coverage:
Frostburg (Md.), 1835-1985

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image