Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Museum postcard


Postcard showing Museum after 1949 additions.  Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



In designing the additions to the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, architect William E. Shepherd was careful not to allow the new wings detract from the original building. He chose to use brick and limestone that mimicked those used on the 1931 building. The 1949 additions are also set slightly back from the original fa├žade and, without the balustrade included in the original, are slightly shorter so as not to overshadow the small first unit.



ID:
wcmfa045

Creator:
Frank Kelley

Rights:
Washington County Museum of Fine Arts

Collection Location:
Washington County Museum of Fine Arts

Original Size:
9 x 5 cms

Subject:
Washington County Museum of Fine Arts (Md.), Anniversaries, etc.; Washington County Museum of Fine Arts (Md.), History; Art museums, Maryland, Washington County, History; Hagerstown (Md.), history.

Coverage:
Washington County (Md.), 1928-2006

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image