Cumberland, Maryland (Medical profession and hospitals)
Edward Dwyer, and Albert Fowler as other members of the Board.
The staff of nurses and the training school was under the supervision of Miss Florence Elvridge, superintendent, and Miss Hemmerle, assistant, and was composed of the following: Misses Wagner, Stevenson, Cockrell, Brotemarkle, Williams, Conroy, McClune, Sheridan, Witte, Ball, Ralston, Hartman and Cullum.
The surgical, medical and consulting staff of the hospital was composed of the following well-known physicians and surgeons of the county. On the surgical staff were Doctors Hawkins, Johnson, MacDonald and Franklin, with assistant surgeons being Hodges, Wiley, Fochtman, Owens, Burns, and Deming. The medical staff consisted of Doctors Spear, Wiley, Koon, and Twigg. Specialists were Dr. E. L. Jones; Dr. R. Y. Fechtig, handling eye, nose and throat diseases; Dr. C. H. Brace, Homeopathist; Dr. Catherine Buell, Medical Gynecologist; Dr. H. W. Hodgson, Neurologist; and Dr. Charlotte B. Gardner was pathologist. The consulting surgeons were Dr. J. M. Spear of Cumberland, Dr. J. M. Price and Dr. T. S. DeNaouley of Frostburg, Dr. F. A. Murray of Mt. Savage, Dr. James Carpenter and Dr. W. Q. Skilling of Lonaconing, Dr. D. F. Dunott, Chief Surgeon of the Western Maryland Railroad Company, and Dr. A. C. Harrison, Dr. Sinclair Sponill and Dr. Page Edmonson of the surgical staff of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company. Consulting physicians were Dr. J. J. Wilson of Cumberland; Dr. Timothy Griffith, Dr. J. C. Cobey, and Dr. W. O. McLane of Frostburg; Dr. A. G. Smith and Dr. E. F. O'Neill of Midland; Dr. J. O. Bullock and Dr. W. H. Hodgson of Lonaconing; Dr. F. L. Clymer of Midlothian; Dr. J. C. Fazenbaker of Westernport; Dr. J. K. Cowhard of Mt. Savage; and Dr. A.P.
Miller, Herman J.
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland
27 x 20 cms
Cumberland (Md.), history
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976