Cumberland, Maryland (Municipal Government)
will be opened in the fall of 1977 at North Mechanic, North Centre and Bedford Streets. The police and fire commissioner is responsible for four firehouses, twelve pieces of fire apparatus, and two ambulances, Rescue Units #1 and #2, both fully equipped, of the Fire Department. The Cumberland Fire Department consists of seventy-three men, which includes forty-two fully trained and qualified emergency medical technicians.
The Commissioner of Streets and Public Property in 1977, John W. Wormack, has under his direction the engineering department, sewage treatment plant, flood project maintenance, the department of recreation, snow removal, the Municipal Service Center, and the maintenance of other city owned buildings.
The Department of Water and Sanitation, Commissioner Frank A. Trozzo in 1977, oversees water distribution and maintenance, the filtration plant, the sewage treatment plant, water and sewage lines maintenance, and the waste water treatment plant.
The Department of Finance and Revenue, under Commissioner John W. Stotler in 1977, is treasurer and in charge of the tax office, comptroller, city clerk, personnel, the department of finance, and water meter readers.
6. Who are the heads of various city departments in the past and who are now heads of departments ?
The Chief of the Cumberland Fire Department was John Slemmer in 1907, Robert Kelley in 1907, William E. Clugston in 1908, Thomas Connell in 1908, Edward Connell in 1911, Edward Wegman in 1912, Hanson Willison in 1914, Reid C. Hoenicka in 1916, John E. Brennen in 1948, William Lindner in 1951, Paul Reid in 1951, Jerimiah T. Defibaugh in 1951, Virgil A. Parker in 1951
Miller, Herman J.
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland
27 x 20 cms
Cumberland (Md.), history
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976