Cumberland, Maryland (Municipal Government)
was Chairman of the Civil Service Commission. In 1966, Francis A. Kenney was Chairman of the Civil Service Commission. In 1972, James A. Collins was Chairman of the Civil Service Commission, Albert S. Paye was City Engineer, J. Frederick Sharer was City Attorney, Raymond R. Valentine was Street Superintendent, and Charles R. Baker was Water Superintendent. In 1974, Thomas B. Cumiskey was Chairman of the Civil Service Commission, George E. Weaver was Assistant Superintendent of Streets, and Junior O, Wilson was Assistant Superintendent of Water. City Clerks of the past include Thomas E. Gonder in 1867, T. F. McCardell in 1876, R. H. Resley in 1887, and H. M. Fuller in 1903. At present, the Department of Community Development Director is George R. Scarlett. The Director of Public Works is Dennis Polhill. The City Clerk in the personnel Office is Wallace G. Ullery. Coordinator of Community Development projects is Jerry Goodwin.
In 1977, the Department of Community Development Director was George R. Scarlett, and the Coordinator of the Community Development program was Jerry Goodwin. Michael Pearce was project technician, Michael Stegmaier was project monitor, and Jay Oliver was Community Development technician. Chad Riley was project assistant.
In the Public Works Department, Engineering Division, Dennis Polhill was Director of Public Works, John O. DeWitt was Liaison Engineer, John J. DiFonzo was Civil Engineer, Paul Stair was Sanitary Engineer, James Shircliff was City Surveyor, and Fred E. Airesman was Chief Draftsman. Responsibilities and duties of the Engineering Department consist of locating, establishing and surveying all streets and alleys within the territorial limits of the city, establishing the grade of all streets and alleys, and exercising general
Miller, Herman J.
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland
27 x 20 cms
Cumberland (Md.), history
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976