Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Cumberland, Maryland (Clubs, Taverns and Saloons)


Clubs, Taverns and Saloons Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The Loyal Order of Moose organized at Miller's Hall on North Centre Street, then moved to a new building at Smallwood and Beall Streets by the Potomac River in 1912. This building has now been sold for the Senior Citizens Center.

For many years there has been in South Cumberland a social club called the Goodfellowship Club.

The Cumberland Country Club was organized in Cumberland in 1900 and built a clubhouse on Johnson's Heights near Oldtown Road with golf links, social quarters and meeting rooms. Later the Country Club moved to the new clubhouse on the Christie Road.

Cumberland Council #169, United Commercial Travelers of America, was instituted with 26 charter members on March 18, 1901.

The Allegany County Assembly, referred to as the elite of Cumberland, conducted the annual County Ball. For many years it was held at the Queen City Hotel Ball Room on New Year's Eve.




ID:
achm272

Page #:
272

Creator:
Miller, Herman J.

Rights:
Mayor and Council, City of Cumberland

Date:
1978

Collection Location:
Cumberland

Original Size:
27 x 20 cms

Contributor:
Stegmaier, Harry

Subject:
Cumberland (Md.), history

Coverage:
Cumberland (Md.), 1700-1976

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image