Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search

Words or Phrase:

Search Method Help Image

Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
The edge of the quarry

The edge of the quarry. Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information


The road to the north of the quarry goes close to a large white barn. Three guy lines from the derrick also lead across the road into the property of Catharine Shifler, if the contract between Shifler and the Washington Marble Company was in place.

There are large number of marble blocks with two workers standing on them. Two more men stand by a small wooden building, across a rutted road.


Page #:

H. A. Zech

Joanne and Gary May

The number 2 is written in the lower right hand corner.

Collection Location:
Keedysville, Md.

Original Size:
19 x 24 cms

Quarries and quarrying, Maryland; Marble, Maryland; Washington County (Md.), history

Washington County (Md.), 1900-1950

Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image