Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
The Itinerant Perikomian


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



The Itinerant Perikomian

(The Roving Reporter)

"THE LAND," published by Friends of The Land, Louis Bromfleld, Chairman, is published Quarterly at Belair, Maryland. Russell Lord is Editor. His wife, Kate Lord, is Art Editor.

In its Summer Issue (1953) pages 191-195 describe the advent of TABLELAND TRAILS, including the address of Hamilton Owens. The illustrations are by Kate Lord. The Editor of TABLELAND TRAILS spent a most pleasant afternoon with the Lords this early fall. THE LAND has a wide and representative coverage. Every phase of conservation comes within its practiced and discriminating view. It presents such a wide range of subjects dealing with the American way of life, with those essential factors of existence on the land, that it provides the means of nurturing in the school and home some of those basic ideals of our forefathers which the present generation finds hard to evaluate and emulate. All Americans who are concerned with the decentralist concept of a future American social order based on husbandry will find THE LAND a lodestone of the best minds.

TREMENDOUS GAS DEVELOPMENTS in Randolph County is featured in "UMVA News Topics" in October 1953 issue. The ElkinsInter Mountain said editorially, "developments to date seem to be grounds for hope that our county is receiving a real economic shot in the arm." It appears that this promising new field is being developed by the Benedum interests. The Cumberland and Allegany Gas Company is already constructing pipe-lines into this district.

TRINITY EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH, Cumberland, Maryland, is observing its Centennial this Fall. Quoting from "History of Trinity" by Rev. William von Spreckelsen: "Trinity was properly organized on January 30, 18 53, by five men: George Damm, Friedrich Dreyer, George Meister, Johannes Nold, who were members of St. Luke's, and Heinrich Richter. Their withdrawal from St. Luke's was prompted by the refusal of a demand that Luther's Catechism be taught in the school maintained by St. Luke's congregation. The Vestry had appointed a teacher named Carl Brauer, who was a member of Pastor Keyl's congregation in Baltimore.

After advising with Pastor Keyl, who was one of the Saxon forefathers and founders of our Synod, Teacher Brauer, against the objection of the minister of St. Luke's insisted that duty required him to teach Luther's Cate-




ID:
gctt062

Creator:
Felix G. Robinson

Date:
1953

Collection Location:
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland

Original Size:
22 x 15 cms

Subject:
Maryland, History

Coverage:
Maryland

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image