Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Rev John Stough page 7


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

   



"In 1792 the Rev. John Stough was sent out as a catechist. In May, 1793 he was licensed to preach by the Lutheran Synod in the city of Philadelphia. In the same year he organized the church known since as 'The Dutch Church', because the sermons were delivered in that language (German). In 1846 the old log house was replaced by a brick house, the one in use at present (1882). The congregation are about remodelling or erecting a new house. Upon the grounds attached Rev. W. C. Wilson and the church council succeeded in having a cemetery chartered, but not without great opposition. During the time in which the



ID:
gctg041

Creator:
Felix G. Robinson

Notes:
Rev. and Mrs. J. C. Breuninger at the grave of Rev. and Mrs. John Stough (his second wife) at Shelby, Ohio, Oct. 16, 1957. Courtesy, A. Vernon Regehr, Inman, Kansas.

Date:
1963

Collection Location:
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland

Original Size:
22 x 15 cms

Subject:
Maryland, History

Coverage:
Western Maryland, 1750-1963

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image