Whilbr Heading
Search | Use Google Search
Collection:


Words or Phrase:


Search Method Help Image




Left Nav Image    Home   |   Links   |   Contact Us   |   Facebook   |   Digital Whilbr
Yellow Bar image
Description ImageWhilbr Description
        
 

  


Collection Dropdown Image
Allegany County
Category Divider
Garrett County
Category Divider
Washington County
Category Divider
Civil War in Maryland
Category Divider
Genealogy Resources
Category Divider
Photographs and Prints
 
Mountain Lake Park, page 3


Click on the MEDIA ITEMS below for more information

      



Rev. C. P. Masden, Rev. E. W. Ryan, Rev. T. R. Hughes, Messrs. A. S. List, C. W. Connor, G. W. Atkinson, and J. C. Alderson.

Sept. 13th a second meeting was called. At this meeting Rev. C. P. Masden was elected President, J. C. Alderson, Sec. and A. S. List, Treasurer. The purchase of the 800 acres of land looked at by the Committee was reported. Of those present at that first meeting C. W. Connor and A. S. List are the only persons now connected with the Association.

November 2nd. the Stockholders of the Mt. Lake Park Assn. met at the Park. Articles of Incorporation had been taken out under the Laws of the State of Maryland. The Charter Members of the Association were: Charles P. Masden, Thomas H. Logan, John F. Goucher, John B. Van Meter and John M. Davis. These gentlemen constituted the first Board of Directors. The grounds were surveyed and platted by H. E. Faul, the engineer who laid out Druid Hill Park at Baltimore, Md. At this meeting the purchase of "Hoyes Big Pasture" for $4672.00 was approved.

Nov. 1st. (1881) The Baltimore and Ohio R. R. ran an excursion to Mt. Lake Park and a public sale of lots was held. A goodly number of lots were sold. Among the early purchasers were: Mrs.




ID:
gctg134

Creator:
Editor: Felix G. Robinson

Notes:
SMITH'S MILITARY BAND. This picture was taken in front of the Bashford Amphitheatre, Mt. Lake Park, Maryland in 1900 just after it had been completed. Standing, left to right: Harry A. Rasche, D. Grant Smith, Stanley Boyer, Walter Morrison, Ernest Harne, Prof. Samuel C. Smith, Director; Bruce Collins, Guy Orcutt, Thomas A. Gonder, Leo J. Rasche. Lee R. Mason, Frank R. Browning. Kneeling: William L. Lawton, George W. Legge, Joseph White, Horace Coddington, Arthur L. Lawton, Wallace Mason. Seated: William Nethken, Ernest Ferguson, Carl B. White, Clarence Boyer, Charles A. Liller, James Compton, Albert Wolf, Dennis Rasche, and Edward Kildow. Picture and information through the courtesy of Dennis Rasche, Oakland, Md.

Date:
1956

Collection Location:
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland

Original Size:
22 x 15 cms

Subject:
Maryland, History

Coverage:
Western Maryland, 1750-1963

 
 
Western Maryland Regional Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

Footer Image     Contact Webmaster  |  Copyright Information Top Line Image