Mountain Lake Park, page 4
H. Beacham (of Balto.), W. T. Graham, George Bullard, C. M. Babb, Rev. W. L. Alexander, A. H. Malone, Rev. J. H. Flanigan, Hon. W. H. Tarr, Rev. A. B. Hank, Mrs. Blake, George W. Atkinson, and S. L. Allen.
In the Spring of 1882 the Tabernacle and Assembly Hall and a restaurant were erected, as was also the store building of Messrs. Davis and Townshend. May 1882 J. M. Jarboe of Oakland began the erection of the Mt. Lake Hotel.
The first Camp Meeting held on these grounds was in the month of July 1882 in charge of Dr. Masden, and the first session of the Sunday School Assembly, now known as the Mt. Chautauqua, was held in the early part of August in the same year, conducted by the Rev. W. M. Frysinger, D. D., with a program embracing such talent as Rev. Thomas Guard, Lyman Abbott, Chancellor Simms, Dean Wright and Dr. J. B. Young.
Among the first houses built in the Park were those erected by Dr. Logan, A. S. List, J. C. Alderson, J. F. Goucher, J. B. Van Meter (which is now the John Thompson Rest Home for Deaconnesses),
Editor: Felix G. Robinson
Well-dressed crowd in front of Mountain Lake Park Depot waiting for the afternoon train from the east, known as "55". 1900 ca. Picture through courtesy of Britten Martin, Mt. Lake Park, Maryland.
Ruth Enlow Library, Oakland
22 x 15 cms
Western Maryland, 1750-1963